MENTORING FOR CLD STUDENTS
A CLD Mentee is a 11th-12th grade student who receives guidance and support from a vetted CLD Mentor. Mentees are connected to a professional, or peer, who understands the steps and preparation necessary to complete a college application and apply and interview for jobs.
Mentees learn holistic ways to:
- Meet important deadlines
- Prepare for presentations
- Explore their environments
- Understand the value of networking
Role of a CLD Mentee:
- Keep scheduled mentor-mentee appointments
- Create a college-and-career plan to discuss with the mentor
- Support the mentor-mentee relationship to ensure long-term success
- Respect the mentor’s time, energy and feedback
- Keep CLD updated on mentoring progression
- Respond in a timely manner to communications
- Represent CLD well; mentors are professionals who are giving their time and talent, we need all CLD Mentee’s to be respectful and responsible to ensure this opportunity is available to other students in the future
What is a CLD Mentor?
Mentors are individuals who give advice to mentees who are planning for college and career goals. Mentors are experienced professionals who have navigated different life pathways and can offer guidance. The role of the mentor is to give support, and motivate the mentee as they explore goals.
Mentors also gain leadership development and strategic planning skills. Mentors understand how impactful the role of a mentor is, and fulfills the role with consideration and respect for the mentee. Interested in being a mentor? Apply here!