Dear College Prep Conference participants:
As Marion County continues to progress toward reopening, Center for Leadership Development (CLD) looks forward to welcoming 250 students, supportive adults, presenters and volunteers to the 13th Annual College Prep Conference and College Fair taking place on August 22, 2020 at the Indiana Convention Center.
The health and safety of our participants and staff remain our highest priority, and in the spirit of community, we commit to minimize any potential exposure by taking the following precautionary measures derived from Back on Track Indiana’s Guidelines and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for Child Care Programs:
- Participation will be capped at the first 250 to register
- Limited tickets available for each grade
- Participants will remain in sessions while presenters rotate
- Session sizes will be limited
- Masks will be required for all participants, staff and presenters
- Boxed lunches will be provided
In addition, the Indiana Convention Center is hard at work to ensure the cleanliness of their facilities and developing new policies and procedures including:
- Built-in six-foot social distancing measures added to floor plans, seating areas and crowd management
- Limited and designated entries and exits
- One-way travel markers in hallways
- Additional hand sanitizing stations
- Hospital-grade air filters and 24/7 air circulation
Read the full statement from the Indiana Convention Center here: https://www.icclos.com/icclos-response-to-covid-19/
We look forward to welcoming our students and families at this one-of-a-kind event; we have missed each and every one of our young future leaders!
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 is a new virus that spreads from person to person through contact and bodily fluids. It can cause illness as mild as the common cold and lead to complications as serious as death. Currently, there is no treatment or vaccine. If you or your child is sick or displaying symptoms* of being sick, such as a fever or chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny or stuffy nose, headache, and/or muscle aches, PLEASE STAY AT HOME. INDIVIDUALS DISPLAYING SIGNS OF ILLNESS WILL BE EXCUSED FROM THE CONFERENCE FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL GUESTS.
*List of symptoms is not inclusive. You or your child may exhibit other symptoms of being sick not listed in this statement.