The Center for Leadership Development (CLD) Parent Ambassador Initiative is designed to utilize enthusiastic, knowledgeable and motivated CLD Alumni to positively promote the organization. Ambassadors assist in program and services recruitment and represent CLD at various functions in their communities. As the faces of CLD, Ambassadors agree to support the organization’s mission and fulfill CLD’s Principles for Success. These CLD Alumni assist in keeping CLD preeminent by helping to identify opportunities to engage with youth and raising awareness about CLD’s programs and initiatives.
Parent Ambassadors serve as an essential component to CLD’s marketing and recruitment efforts. To help meet initiative goals, Parent Ambassadors’ have the following responsibilities:
- Promote CLD’s impact wherever applicable and appropriate; church functions, circle of friends, networking opportunities
- Refer students to CLD initiatives and services
- Place CLD program collateral at your or any place of business: front entrance, lobby, breakroom, etc.
- Volunteer to staff recruitment events provided by the Recruitment Associate
- Share CLD opportunities via social media, school newsletters, presentations and posters!
Parent Ambassadors may also be asked to participate in, and represent the Center for Leadership Development at, the following opportunities and events:
- Annual CLD Events
- Community Outreach
- Open Houses
- School Recruitment Visits
Through their experience with the Center for Leadership Development as a Parent Ambassador, initiative participants can count on: Sharpening communication and public speaking skills, enhancing their networking skills, improving their leadership abilities to use in their career, gain organizational marketing skills and learn to work collaboratively with peers and a supervisor.
Eligibility and Qualifications
To be eligible for the initiative parents must:
- Be a parent of current or former CLD Student
- Commit to participate in Parent Ambassador Training and regular meetings
- Display a sincere desire to personally adopt CLD’s Principles for Success
- Strong work ethic and responsibility
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Willingness to develop and improve marketing and communication skills