HOURS OF OPERATION & SERVICES
The College Prep Institute (CPI) is a college readiness resource center located within the Center for Leadership Development dedicated to assisting students in grades 4 through 12, parents and community organizations serving youth by providing free resources and services. We are here at every point in an individuals’ educational journey – including evenings and weekends – with caring, highly qualified guidance counselors, tutors and other professionals.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
(Tutoring only available 4:00 – 8:00 pm)
Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Guidance Counseling and tutoring available all day
Services offered through the College Prep Institute:
- One-on-one Licensed Guidance Counseling: receive free counseling from one of our licensed guidance counselors
- Reading Assessment and Training: improve your reading proficiency with our online software or reading specialist
- College Research and Selection: research choices, arrange campus visits and choose the right college for you
- Study Sessions and Tutoring: receive a series of free tutoring sessions from one of our Spanish, French, social studies, math, science, reading and language arts tutors
- Internships: connect with our College Success Coordinator to learn how YOU can participate in an internship through CLD
- Workshops: attend professionally led workshops to explore various topics about education and careers
MEET OUR LICENSED GUIDANCE COUNSELORS!
Linda Bingham (Ms. B)
BA, Indiana University | MA, Butler University
“Teaching is my passion! I knew at an early age that I wanted to be an educator. I taught for 7 years with Indianapolis Public Schools’ Crispus Attucks and Northwest High Schools. I was a school counselor for 21 years in Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township Lawrence North, and McKenzie Center for Innovation and Technology. I retired from Lawrence in June 2013 after 28 years as an educator. I had the pleasure of becoming a Licensed Guidance Counselor for the Center for Leadership Development in February 2013 and it feels as though I am living my dream!”
Ms. B specializes in: exceptional learners, organization and time management, study skills and habits and career counseling.
BA, University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma | MA, Indiana University | MS, Butler University
“From the age of 10 I always wanted to work in schools! For 24 years I have taught history and English in grades 7 through college. I returned to school myself when my daughter entered college, and I earned a M.S. in School Counseling in 2014 after doing my internship at CLD. I was immediately impressed by CLD’s caring staff and their commitment to excellence. In addition to my work here, I currently teach high school history, and I also work as a K-8th grade counselor for Horizons, a summer academic program for at-risk students in Indianapolis.”
Jeffrey specializes in: study skills, time management, success in the classroom, college preparation, growth mindset, college and scholarship searches and application essays.