CLD is”Empowering Parents to Empower Youth”
During the series of exciting and information-rich presentations, discussions and sharing,parents and caregivers will gain the knowledge and skills to empower themselves and their students to achieve healthy lifestyles and reach educational goals.Group discussions allow parents to share knowledge about how to help your child develop into healthy, productive and responsible adults.
As a Parents Chat participant your objectives will be to share your experiences and learn from one another. You will interact with professional guest speakers who offer alternatives and resources. You will gain knowledge in effective parenting techniques that help your children overcome adversity and excel in life’s endeavors.
- February 28: Empowering Our Girls: From the Classroom to the Boardroom
- March 7: Raising a Successful Black Male
- April 5: Navigating Special Education
- May 2: Maximizing Your Child’s Summer Experience
- September 7: Social Media: Technology and Teenagers
- October 5: High School Check Up: Managing the Transition
- November 2 -College Savings Plan Options
You are NOT required to attend all sessions
Center for Leadership Development
2425 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., St.
Sessions are FREE and open to the community!
For more information contact the Assistant Director and Program Coordinator, Kamona McDowell, at 317-923-8111 ext.218